Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup contains only a few ingredients, but is full of flavor! This soup is perfect for fall and winter.
This simple slow cooked soup might be my new favorite soup, especially for fall! I love the flavor of the squash and bacon together.
This soup is delicious served as a main dish. But I think it also makes a great side dish.
For this soup I used one of my new favorite Costco finds.
I know it is more expensive to buy it this way, but it makes it so much easier. This way I can just dump it in the crock pot and go. No cutting, peeling, or cubing required. All the work is done.
I know that many of you don’t have a Costco, but I think other places sell it like this as well. Frozen butternut squash would also work. Or feel free to peel, cut, and cube it yourself. You need about 2 lbs, so feel free to get it however you find easiest.
This soup was also delicious leftover for lunch. It was a little thicker served the next day, but was still delicious! Both my husband and I enjoyed it leftover.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 lbs)
- 2 pounds (or about 2 lbs) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 42 ounces chicken broth (5 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a 5-quart slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for six hours, or low for 8-10 hours--or, cook until potatoes and squash are tender.
- Stir in milk.
- Puree soup in a blender or use an immersion blender (be careful putting hot liquids in your blender, you may want to cool it slightly before blending)
- Return to slow cooker and add cheese and bacon. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 753mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.