This candy is so easy and fun to make. Everyone at the office party seemed to enjoy it. I have also made this several other times for my family and my kids always love it. I like this because it is a candy that is good and gluten free.
There are lots of variations of this recipe, but the basics are all about the same. It is usually known as white trash candy. I do not like that name. The first time I heard that name for it I was sure it must really be named something else. So, I decided to do an internet search and sure enough that is what everyone was calling it. Each version was a little different, but they were all called white trash candy.
I knew we had to come up with a new name, so we call it snow buddies. We call it Snow Buddies because I make a chocolate chex mix that is called Muddy Buddies. So, Snow Buddies seemed like a good name for it because it contains white chocolate.
- 8 cups of chex, I like to use a mix of 2 kinds, usually rice chex and corn chex
- 2 cups peanuts
- 2 cups m&m's
- 2 packages of white chocolate chips
- Mix together the chex, peanuts, and m&m's in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in a separate bowl in the microwave. Be careful while melting this so it does not get too hot. I stir it every 30 seconds or so until melted.
- Mix melted white chocolate with the other ingredients.You need to mix this well so that the pieces are coated.
- Spread out on cookie sheets and refrigerate until firm. This takes about 2 hours or so.
- After is it set up, break it into chunks and serve.
If you are gluten free read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 4gSugar: 30gProtein: 10g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.