I have made this savory cheesecake many times. I make it almost every year for our office Christmas party. It is always a hit. I have also made it for church functions. We also served it at my sisters wedding reception. I like to use this recipe around the holidays. It is easy to make and it serves a lot of people.
I serve it on a platter with tortillas chips around it. I like to use a variety of chips like blue and corn. This is also good served on crackers.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cheeses until fluffy.
- Stir in 1 cup sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Fold in chilies.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes (leave oven on). Spoon remaining sour cream over top of filling.
- Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Place on serving plate. Top with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.