I don’t often call something the best, but these really are the best banana muffins. Not only am I sharing my favorite banana muffins I am sharing the gluten free version as well for those that are gluten free.
I have been making these banana muffins for years and realized that I had never shared the recipe with you.
I am fixing that today!
I made these muffins long before I went gluten free and I have since adapted them to gluten free.
For this recipe, I simply adapted my favorite banana bread into a muffin. It makes for an easy and delicious treat!
These banana muffins are delicious on their own. However, changing them up with chopped nuts or chocolate chips is fun. Kids love them with chocolate chips added to the batter.
- flour or Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend for gluten free version
- baking soda
- ripe bananas
- sour cream
- optional: chocolate chips, pecans or walnuts
More Muffin Recipes
Try one of these delicious muffins for breakfast, lunch, snacks, or desserts. Many of them include instructions for making them gluten free.
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour or Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend for gluten free version
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with liners or grease well. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugar, and eggs.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Stir in the nuts or chocolate chips if using.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 19 - 21 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then cool on cooling rack.
The gluten free version of this recipe has been tested with Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Blend. Other gluten free blends might work, but they have not been tested.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.