Three ingredients are all you need for these easy homemade peppermint cups.
Need an easy homemade candy for the holidays?
These homemade peppermint cups combine the classic combination of peppermint and chocolate in an easy to make candy.
I don’t usually post a recipe on Monday, but I have several Christmas and holiday recipes that I want to get up this week. So, you will see a few extra posts from me this week. Next week I will be back to posting just a few times a week.
Now for these easy peppermint cups!
I love this recipe because you can make them as healthy or unhealthy as you want. You can use a really dark chocolate or a regular chocolate for these peppermint cups. If your chocolate is unsweetened you might need to add a little extra honey.
Peppermint Vitality Oil is pretty much my favorite essential oil, especially when it comes to using essential oils in the kitchen.
If you don’t have Peppermint Vitality Oil, you can use peppermint extract, but the peppermint flavor will be much better with peppermint oil.
There are a lot of essential oils out there, but I love Young Living. Their vitality oils are made for cooking and eating, so they work great for adding to recipes.
This recipe is so easy and they store well in the refrigerator. I have made a big batch of these and kept them in the fridge for over a week. They taste just as good several days after you make them.
In fact, I think these taste better on the second or third day because the peppermint flavor gets a little stronger as it sets.
If you love peppermint and have never tried Peppermint Vitality Oil in your coffee or hot chocolate, you need to. It is amazing. One drop gives you a ton of delicious peppermint flavor. Want to try Young Living Peppermint oil, but don’t know where to start? Just email me for more information.
Curious about using essential oils in the kitchen?
- Check out my post on twenty uses for Lemon Oil in the Kitchen
- Why I love and use Young Living Oils
- And not kitchen related but how I go months without cleaning my shower. It is an essential oil cleaner that I love.
Now for how I made these homemade peppermint cups.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 drops Peppermint Vitality Oil
- Line mini muffin tin with liners. This makes about 24 mini cups.
- In a double boiler or microwave melt chocolate. ( I use the microwave stirring every 30 seconds at 50% power)
- Once chocolate is melted stir in honey and peppermint oil.
- Scoop chocolate into muffin cups.
- Refrigerate until firm. This takes several hours.
- Eat and enjoy!
You can use peppermint extract, but the peppermint flavor is better with peppermint oil.
You don't have to use dark chocolate. You can use whatever kind of chocolate that you like and that melts well.