This candy was really good. It was very easy and it was a little fudge like. The toasted pecans give it great flavor, so don’t skip that step. I made it with both white and milk chocolate. These are rich and this recipe makes a lot, so you may want to half the recipe.
- 3 cups of chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 lbs of white or regular chocolate
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan until toasted. This takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir after about 5 minutes and keep checking and stirring, so that they do not get over done.
- Line a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper.
- Lightly grease the wax paper.
- Place chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and microwave. It took about 3 minutes and I stirred it every 30 seconds.
- When melted, mix well to combine.
- Stir in toasted pecans and vanilla.
- Spread onto wax paper and chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Turn candy onto a cutting board and cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.