Three Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

I do not usually follow a recipe when I make enchiladas. I just make it however I feel like it that day. Sometimes I use beef, sometimes chicken. I sometimes put beans and rice in it and other times I do not. I never really keep track of what I have done.

But Saturday night for dinner I made a pan of enchiladas that my whole family loved. My husband thought that they were the best that I have ever made. That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but they were good. So, I decided that I better make note of what I did. That way I can make them again and have them turn out the same. So, this post is a note to myself. I hope you enjoy it too.

I know these are not authentic. They are definitely a version done by an American. I am sure a Mexican would not be happy with my enchiladas, but they really are good, even if they are not authentic.

Comments

1. Penless Thoughts says:

These really look good. Thanks for taking the time and care to
    make note” and let us know, too!!
    Susan

2. Live.Love.Eat says:

Hah! I posted enchiladas today too!!! And they’re both so different. These look great too and I like the cream cheese idea.

3. No recipe is complete without cream cheese in my book! Sounds wonderful! Thanks for the tip!

4. i am soooooo gonna try these! thanks!!

Oh my gosh, Lynn, the picture alone is to die for!!! Thanks.So glad you keep participating in TMTT. Keep coming back. We are going to have a great giveaway in December!

6. Just looking at the picture makes me say Ole’!!!

:-)

7. This looks faboo!

8. I tried these enchiladas last night with corn tortillas and they were YUMMY!! Thanks for the great recipe!

9. Those look and sound fantastic!! I love Tex-Mex food although mine isn’t very authentic either.

10. I made these last night and they were so good! I used ground 1.5lbs. beef instead of chicken (hubby hates chicken,lol) I also made it 4 cheese by using half colby, half jack (I couldn’t find jack at my local store)

Thanks for the yummy recipes!

11. I am glad to know that beef is good also. I need to try it that way. I am glad you liked it. Thanks for reading.

12. CookinsForMe says:

Oh, this looks great and I’ll try it soon. One of the things we like is Cheese Enchilada Stack since we get the enchilada flavor without much work. But I don’t mind the work it takes to get good enchiladas so your recipe is one I’ll try. Thanks!

13. I just put together 3 pans of enchiladas- 2 pans of chicken + olive + onion + cheese in corn tortillas, topped with your home made sauce & chz. 1 pan of these 3 cheese/chicken with onion + cream chz + Jack chz + green chilies in flour tortillas (soft taco size), topped with your home made sauce (mixed with additional green chilies) & chz. Yum!! I think these 3 cheese would be great with a green sauce but I need to find a recipe :)

14. I made this tonight for my family – YUM-O!!!!!!!!!

15. Lynn, I made these tonight with your homemade sauce. The kids loved it. Thank you!

16. Katie @motownfreedombakery says:

Lynn, We just ate our Chicken Enchiladas featuring your sauce. It was fantastic! Thanks for the recipe. Now I can satisfy my mexican food craving whenever I want! :)

17. Lynn, this looks amazing and I can’t wait to try this for my hungry family of five. Thank you for all the time that you dedicate to us we really appreciate it you have helped many busy households!!!

18. Ever try it with sweet potatoes and black beans together in place of the meat. Took me a long time to get the balls to make it and it turned out awesome. even my anti-spicy food toddler ate some.

19. Jennifer L. says:

I was looking for a chicken enchilada recipe to try and was looking for one that didn’t include “cream of …” Once again you have come through! I ‘ve tried several of your recipes and ALL of them have been successful. I’m to the point that when looking for something specific or for inspiration, I’m going to “check with Lynn!”

• Thank you, I am so glad you enjoyed these and some of my other recipes. I love sharing quick and easy homemade recipes. Thanks for taking the time to let me kno you enjoyed them!

20. Just wondering if the cream cheese would work with Velveeta. I’m on the Headache Trigger diet and can only eat processed cheeses (American & Velveeta). Or would the Velveeta be creamy enough already?

• I think the velveeta, would probably be creamy enough in this. If you use cream cheese I would cut it back at least some if using velveeta also.

Trackbacks