Frugal Holiday Centerpiece

I am always looking for frugal holiday decorating ideas. I do not decorate a lot for Christmas. I like simple things that have more of a winter theme than a Christmas one. I also like to vary items from year to year for the office party we have.

This year my husband helped me make an easy and frugal centerpiece. He took a limb from a tree that had fallen down during last years ice storm. He cut it into pieces ranging from one inch to five inches. He than drilled a hole into it large enough for a taper candle to fit in.

I than sprayed it with a clear finish. This step in not necessary but I thought it would help it to look nicer longer. I than wrapped a pine cone garland around it that I had picked up at the dollar store.

Now, I have a nice winter/holiday centerpiece for just a few dollars.

For more frugal ideas see Biblical Womanhood.

For more show and tell see Show and Tell Friday.

If you have not read about the recipes I am making for the party keep checking back. My first recipes are here and here. I will post the rest over the next week or two. There are some great, quick and easy holiday dessert and candy ideas.

Comments

1. That is a great idea. I love the winter look.

2. This is so simple and rustic–I love it! Very beautiful!

3. Lady Katherine says:

I love the logs cut for candles, it looks great! I looking for me some, I want a whole log for fake candles in the windows

4. Penless Thoughts says:

What a great idea and it really looks nice.
    Susan

5. i think it looks amazing! what a great idea you had!

6. Jan and Tom's Place says:

This is a lovely idea!!

7. A Hint of Home says:

Your hubby is so talented. Great idea and looks great for a centerpiece.

8. I LOVE this!

9. Clever! I love the winter look.

10. Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ says:

What a simple and great idea. I love the rusticness and “naturalness” of it.

11. This is really beautiful! It’s the kind of thing I’ve thought I’d do some day. Lovely.
    Nancy

12. I love using pinecones for decoration and your husband’s candle holder idea is so clever! Great job!

13. Perfect! And special because of hubbys help! I love the pinecone garland, smart way to finish it off, AND keep the pinecones in place:)

14. Oh that is beautiful. I love that idea. I may even ask my husband to do the same thing for me.

15. Love your wooden look, my kitchen will be rustic/prim this year, not sure where the white/red tree will go lol I will psot my Tour of Lights party on my blog in the upcoming weeks, can’t wait to see your recipes
    Helen

16. That is so beautiful and simple.
    I love it!
    Blessings,
    Catherine

17. Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama says:

That is beautiful!

18. Great centerpiece! Love the look. Jean

19. Susie Homemaker says:

What a great idea…I love the woodsy look!

Thanks for sharing!
    Susie

20. I'm having the Tool Guy get right on it. What a beautiful (& simple) idea.

21. Liesel's Garden Party says:

Beautiful. I might steal your idea for my own home ;o)

22. LOVE love love this idea – I just decorated with more greenery and things too and spent like 0 cents.

Thanks for the terrific ideas!

going to check out the link.

23. I wasn’t kidding when I said I LOVE this. I just had to link to it from my blog. So creative and inexpensive.

24. Thanks Amanda!

25. Beautiful, I really like it!