When I say this is easy Valentine’s Day Fudge, I really do mean it is easy. So, easy that it only contains 3 ingredients. Four if you include the sprinkles for decorating.
I was recently looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day recipe for my kids to make. I wanted it to be easy enough for them to make on their own, but cute enough that they would really enjoy making and eating it, they are kids after all.
She gave making it into heart shapes a try and it worked great. She had so much fun making it and it turned out perfect!
This is the plateful that we sent to my husband’s office. Everyone loved it and it turned out so cute. All we did was place the little fudge hearts that she made in mini cupcake liners and we had our own little box/plate of chocolates. So cute!
All she did for this was take my basic easy fudge recipe, (recipe at the end of this post) and spread it out onto a cookie sheet that had been lined with parchment paper. For the strawberry version she simply used white chocolate chips and strawberry frosting and spread it out on a different cookie sheet. Then you sprinkle with any sprinkles or decorations that you want to use.
Be careful not to spread it to thin or it will be hard to cut into shapes. Place it in the refrigerator for about an hour or two.
Once it is set up, use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
We made a couple of different sizes since she wanted small and large hearts, but really any size will work. And my daughter kind of just randomly put sprinkles on them because we wanted a few different looks for them, but again anything works here.
You have to be carefully when cutting these and removing them from the cookie cutter, not all the hearts turned out perfect, but that is okay, my kids gladly ate those.
Place on a plate or place in a small box and give away a simple box of homemade chocolates. So cute and so good!
Easy Valentine’s Day Fudge
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips or white chocolate chips for strawberry fudge
- 1 can (16 ounce) chocolate or strawberry frosting
- sprinkles for decorating
- Line a cookie sheet or large pan with parchment paper. Grease the foil and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter. (We do this in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted)
- Stir in frosting until well combined.
- Spread onto pan that has been lined with parchment paper and decorate with sprinkles if using. Refrigerate for 1-2 hrs.
- Cut using cookie cutters.
- Serve and enjoy!