5 Ingredient Slow Cooked Chicken is a simple crock pot meal that your family will love!
My family loves it when I serve chicken legs for dinner. I am not sure why, but they love them more than any other type of chicken I serve.
I am not a huge fan of drumsticks. I prefer other types of chicken, but I do love the price of drumsticks. I can often find them on sale for a great price and when I do I stock up on them.
This recipe for 5 Ingredient Slow Cooked Chicken calls for you to marinate it, but you don’t have to. Letting it marinate overnight gives it a better flavor, but if you are short on time or forget to marinate it, it will still work.
I usually make this with chicken legs, but thighs or leg quarters will work too. Just use whatever you like or find on sale.
5 Ingredient Slow Cooked Chicken
- 2 – 3 pounds chicken legs or thighs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce ( I use gluten free soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 clove mined garlic
- Place honey, soy sauce, ketchup, and garlic in a zip top bag. Mix well.
- Place chicken in bag and mix to coat with marinade.
- Place bag on a plate or dish (in case it leaks. ) Refrigerate overnight. You don’t have to marinate it. You can just coat the chicken with the sauce and cook it, but it will have more flavor if marinated.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is done.