This is one of those, it is so easy, I am not sure I should post it, recipes. It is also one of those I assume everyone knows about it recipes.
But I am learning that you all love the recipes that are so easy they are not really a recipe. I have also learned that just because my generation is very familiar with a recipe, it does not mean that the younger generation, or that everyone, is familiar with it.
Today’s recipe is for a simple dump cake. Dump cake is not a pretty name for a dessert, but they are called dump cakes because you pretty much just dump everything in the pan. It really is that easy.
I grew up eating various forms of dump cake like peach, cherry, and pumpkin. They are so easy to make because they contain everyday ingredients. They are also usually a very inexpensive dessert to make.
Today’s dump cake is a simple Apple Dump Cake. This can be made with a yellow cake mix, a spice cake mix, and even a gluten free yellow cake mix.
Really you cannot go wrong with this recipe.
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1 yellow cake mix or gluten free yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Spread apple pie filling in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle ( or dump) cake mix over the top. You use the dry cake mix here, you do not mix it up into a batter.
- Drizzle melted butter over cake mix.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- We love this served warm with ice cream or cool whip.
If you are gluten-free be sure that your apple pie filling is gluten-free and use a gluten-free cake mix.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 740Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1159mgCarbohydrates: 119gFiber: 2gSugar: 67gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.