If you like chocolate this gluten free dark chocolate loaf cake is for you.
It is rich and delicious and oh so very good. Next time I make this I will be freezing some of it because I ate way to much of it when I made it a few weeks ago.
And the picture of this loaf cake does not do it justice. When I posted the picture on facebook several readers asked why it was blue or purple. Between the lighting and the deep dark chocolate it is hard to tell what this was like, but believe me it was really good.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup dutch processed baking cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa. Mix until combined.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl combine rice flour, potato starch, cornstarch, and xanthan gum.
- Add half of the flour mixture to mixing bowl.
- Pour in buttermilk.
- Add remaining flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool in loaf pan for 5 minutes and remove from pan to cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.