Custard is an old fashion simple dessert. Many of our grandmothers and great grandmothers made them because they are simple and frugal. It is an easy dessert to make with ingredients that most of us have at all times.
If you need an easy and frugal dessert you should give custard a try.
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Whisk in milk. Pour into a 1 1/2 qt baking dish ( I use a 11 x7 pan).
- Place baking dish in a 9x13 pan . Add 1 inch of water to the outer pan (the 9x13 pan). You are making a water bath of sorts.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 12g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from Taste Of Home.