Need a quick and easy dinner? Beef and Bean Bake is a quick and easy dinner to make and it uses just a few basic ingredients.
This is one of those quick and easy recipes that is very versatile. The fact that it can be used in many different ways is why I love it.
We love Mexican and Tex-Mex type food and eat it at least once a week. Sometimes we eat it several times a week.
One of the great things about Mexican type food is that it is easy to change up. You can serve tacos one night and another Mexican type meal like this beef and bean bake the next. It feels like two totally different meals, but they both use simple ingredients.
I like meals like this beef and bean bake because they are not only simple, they can also be served in different ways.
This recipe for beef and beans works as is for a main dish. Add a salad or other vegetable and you have a quick and easy meal.
It can be served as a dip with chips. You can serve it as a filling for burrito type dish. You can also serve it with lettuce and other taco type fillings for an easy taco or taco salad type of meal.
My kids love to use the leftovers for burritos the next day.
Can I Make Beef and Bean Bake Ahead of Time?
Yes, this is an easy make ahead meal. You can make it ahead of time and bake when ready.
Can You Freeze Beef and Bean Bake?
This freezes well. I would make it up, freeze it in a freezer safe casserole dish or 9×13 pan. Then defrost and bake it.
Need More Easy Weeknight Meals? You might like one of these:
- Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Three Cheese Beef Enchiladas
- Beef Taco Skillet
- BBQ Sloppy Joes
- Egg Roll In a Bowl
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 can ( 4 ounces) green chilies
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese ( or use a combo of jack and cheddar or all cheddar)
- 1 cup taco sauce
- chips or tortillas for serving
- Cook meat and onion until meat is done and onion is tender.
- Spread refried beans over the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Spread meat/onion mixture over beans.
- Sprinkle green chilies, olives, and cheese over meat.
- Drizzle taco sauce over all.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
If you are gluten free be sure your taco sauce is gluten free.
Originally posted September 2010. Updated February 2019.