This recipe for beef tacos with salsa verde was inspired by several recipes that I saw and decided to adapt. The recipes all looked great, but required a little more work and ingredients than I wanted.
When it comes to everyday meals I love quick, easy, and simple recipes. Yes, there are times when I want to spend extra time and use extra ingredients, but for everyday I need simple meals that use basic ingredients.
My family loves Mexican food. Some of you may have guessed that by looking at my menu plans and gluten free menu plans each week. We eat a lot of Mexican food. Tacos are high on the list of meal we eat often.
I love serving the same basic meals. It helps keep it simple, but my family gets tired of the same exact meals served over and over again. So, I like to change it up slightly to keep the food interesting.
It is often easy to take the same basic meal idea and tweak the recipe to totally change the flavors. These beef tacos with salsa verde are an example of that. I took your basic tacos and made them a little different.
You can easily adjust the amount of salsa you add to these or make them spicer by adding some jalepeno peppers. I kept them simple and not too hot for those in my family, mainly me, that don’t like super spicy food. My husband ate his with chopped jalepenos on top.
Beef Tacos with Salsa Verde
Beef Tacos with Salsa Verde is a simple and delicious way to change up your basic taco night.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3/4 -1 cup salsa verde, depending on the texture you want for the meat and sauce. More salsa will make it more liquidy.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- additional salsa verde for serving
- sour cream and other taco toppings of your choice
- In a skillet brown ground beef until brown and no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- Add garlic to meat and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add salsa verde and ground cumin. Heat over medium low heat until heated through. About 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on heated tortillas with cheese, additional salsa, sour cream, etc.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
Lynn do you make the salsa verde or which brand do you use?
I have made it, but it was quite a few years ago. Now I usually just buy it. I have bought several brands, but one of our favorites is the Herdez and it is pretty easy to find at least where I am at. I have also bought one at Sprouts before that we really liked, but I can’t remember the brand. I hope that helps.