Beer Marinated Grilled Chicken Tacos are one of my favorite summertime meals. They are simple to make and take tacos to a whole new level.
My sister first told me about this cookbook by Weber years ago. I think it was shortly after it came out in 2005. And I am pretty sure this was the recipe she told me I must try from the book. I bought the book and have loved it since.
In fact, I now own several of Weber’s grilling cookbooks and love them. If you need some new grilling ideas or inspiration I highly recommend Weber’s grilling books.
Today’s recipe is for a simple grilled chicken taco. I would call this recipe quick and easy, but since it marinates for several hours it is not exactly quick, but it is easy and perfect for summer.
I like to serve these grilled chicken tacos with a simple Mexican rice. This is also a great recipe to double so that you can use the leftovers for nachos or in a chicken taco salad.
I have adapted this recipe over the last few years because of my daughters allergies. The original recipe called for sesame oil and since my daughter is allergic to sesame I no longer use it. If you can have sesame and have some on hand, you can add 2 tablespoons to the marinade. It does add some extra flavor to the tacos, but you can easily leave it out like I do and it will still be delicious!
- 1 cup beer - use a gluten free beer for gf version
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt- or about 1/2 teaspoon regular salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breast or thighs
- corn tortillas, salsa, guacamole, etc for serving
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a resealable zip top type bag.
- Add chicken and place the bag in a shallow pan or bowl. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes per side. Time for cooking may vary depending on the size of the pieces of meat.
- Serve on corn tortillas with toppings of your choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 582mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 43g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.