See those chocolate cookies with the pretty candy cane frosting?
This candy cane frosting was so good and it turned a simple chocolate cookie into a festive holiday dessert.
These chocolate candy cane cookies were also one of the easiest desserts that I made for our Christmas party last week.
All I did for these was take my basic cake mix cookie recipe, and left out the chips.
I also made them smaller than I usually make them and used a small cookie scoop so they would all be uniform. I then frosted them with candy cane frosting.
It is amazing how a little homemade frosting can take a basic a cookie and make it special.
This frosting would turn any chocolate cake, cupcake, or sugar cookie into a quick and easy Christmas dessert that everyone would love.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candy (this amount will depend on how strong you like the candy cane flavor)
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat for several minutes or until smooth.
- Add crushed candy canes and mix well.
- Frost cookies, cupcakes, cakes, etc.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 30gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.