This Crustless Chocolate Cheesecake may just be my new favorite dessert.
What could possibly be bad about a dessert that contains chocolate and cream cheese? And look at how rich and creamy it is.
I have made this dessert twice in the last month. Once for my husband’s staff and then again for Thanksgiving. It is so good, I might just have to make it again for Christmas.
If you have never made a cheesecake before, this Crustless Chocolate would be a good place to start. It would be an impressive dessert to serve for the holidays. It really is easy and oh sooooo good.
I made this crustless for those in my family that need to eat gluten free, but you could easily make this with a crust if you prefer one.
If you love cheesecake you might find my recent post on making the perfect cheesecake helpful.
Crustless Chocolate Cheesecake
A classic cheesecake made with chocolate. A gluten free dessert that everyone will enjoy.
- 2- 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature, you want the cream cheese soft
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups gluten free semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese.
- Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth, but do not over beat.
- Pour batter into a 9 inch springform pan that they outside has has been covered in foil. This is so that the water from the water bath will not get into the pan.( my tips for the perfect cheesecake)
- Place pan in a larger pan filled with one inch of water. You are creating a water bath.
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour. Do not open the oven during this time. Then turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 more hours. Again, do not open the oven during this time. The cheesecake needs to finish cooking while the oven is cooling down.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven and let cool in the pan. This will set up as it cools.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight, this will help it set up. I prefer my cheesecakes the next day.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Shirley @ gfe
Oh, my how very fabulous, Lynn! Might have to make this for one of our holiday gatherings … one where there are lots of folks to share it with me! 😉
@Shirley @ gfe, Well it is thanks to you that I finally tried crustless cheesecake. 🙂 https://lynnskitchenadventures.com/lra/gluten-free-cheesecakes/
I’m definitely making this for Christmas!! Thanks for the recipe for the hot chocolate, as well– we are giving jars of it to our teachers.