Skip take out and make Chicken Bacon Lo Mein at home! Full of vegetables and protein this is an easy make at home meal that you will love.
Make at home versions of my favorite foods are some of my favorite recipes.
When I want my favorite restaurant food, but I don’t want to leave the house, making it at home is what I love to do.
This Chicken Bacon Lo Mein is a recipe that I have been making for years. I will say that it probably is not authentic. If you are looking for authentic Asian food this is not it, but this is an easy and delicious version of Lo Mein.
I like this recipe because it is a meal in one. You have meat, vegetables, and pasta in one. You don’t need to fix anything else to go with dinner.
The leftovers are also great for lunch the next day.
The recipe is a bit long, but it really is not hard. It is pretty easy and can easily be made in 30 minutes or less.
Can I make gluten free lo mein?
Yes, this is easy to make gluten free. Just use gluten free soy sauce, gluten free pasta and read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten free.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ground ginger
- chicken bouillon or chicken broth
- soy sauce or gluten free soy sauce
- thin spaghetti or gluten free spaghetti
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup broccoli cut into pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules or use chicken broth in place of water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, use gluten free soy sauce for gluten free version
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti, cooked and drained, use gluten free spaghetti for gluten free version
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Place on paper towels to remove grease.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of grease in pan for cooking chicken.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in bacon grease until no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In the skillet, saute broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, onion, garlic, and ginger in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; stir into vegetables.
- Add soy sauce and chicken to the vegetable mixture. Stir.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bacon and spaghetti.
- Serve immediately.
For gluten free chicken lo mein use gluten free soy sauce, gluten free pasta, and read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 1113mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Originally posted in March 2009. Updated September 2023.