Homemade granola bars are easy to make at home with this Chocolate Chip Granola Bar recipe.
Are your kids are constantly asking for snacks or something to eat? If that is your house these homemade chocolate chip granola bars are a must make!
My daughter has a nut allergy, so we make homemade granola bars all the time. But even if you don’t eat nut free, homemade granola bars are a great breakfast or snack.
One of the great things about homemade granola bars is that you can control the ingredients.
They are also inexpensive to make, especially compared to the allergy friendly granola bars.
Did you know that you can freeze granola bars? It changes the texture slightly, but not much. So make a big batch, wrap them individually, and defrost them as needed for easy breakfasts, lunches, or snacks.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups quick oats ( I use gluten free quick oats)
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal ( I use gluten free brown rice cereal)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl combine oats and cereal. Set aside.
- In a pan combine butter, brown sugar, and honey. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press into 9x13 pan.
- Let sit for several hours, to firm up, before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g