Today’s Cooking Through My Collection recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks.
I love to make cookies. In fact, cookies are one of my favorite things to make and eat. And my all time favorite cookie cookbook is Martha Stewart’s Cookies.
I love how this book is set up and how the sections are divided by the types of cookies like soft, chewy, hard, etc. I also love all the pictures in this book. I think cookbooks need pictures and most of my favorite cookbooks contain a lot of pictures.
Pictures bring the food to life and make you want to cook the food. You can’t look through Martha Stewart’s Cookies Cookbook and not want to go bake cookies. In fact, as you look through this you will probably have trouble deciding which cookie to start with because there are so many good ones.
The cookie I choose for this week’s Cooking Through My Collection Recipe is Martha’s Chocolate Macaroon. Chocolate and coconut go so well together that I could not resist trying this recipe.
And I did not regret making these. They are so good!
If you love cookies as much as I do, I also have a lot of delicious cookie recipes in my archives.
Chocolate macaroons are an easy and delicious cookie that is also gluten free. Gluten free food that everyone can enjoy.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 2/3 cups coconut ( I have used both sweetened and unsweetened )
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. (I melted it in the microwave at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted.)
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Once it is well combine drop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture onto a baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch or so apart. ( I used a cookie scoop to drop them on the sheet and it worked great.)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Cook slightly and remove from baking sheet to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
I love chocolate AND coconut, so I had to print this recipe to try! How would it be with almonds? (sort of like an almond joy?)
I think almonds would be delicious added to these!