I just got back from a quick weekend trip to Dallas, TX. Every time I travel I come back all excited to do a post on how I travel and still eat gluten free, but that post never seems to get done. After a trip there is always unpacking, laundry, housework, email to catch up on, and so much more and the post about traveling gluten free never really gets done.
This time though I really want to get it done. Hopefully in the next week or two. In the mean time I have a delicious and pretty healthy gluten free pancake recipe that I made a few weeks ago and my family loved.
One of the things I am working on is more gluten free breakfast recipes. I shared a new gluten free waffle recipe a few weeks ago and today I have a new gluten free pancake recipe for you.
I like this gluten free pancake recipe because it contains oats and cornmeal which makes it a little heartier and healthier than some recipes.
Corn Oatmeal Gluten Free Pancakes
- 3/4 cup rice flour (white or brown works here)
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup quick cooking gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In bowl combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, gluten free oats, gluten free cornmeal, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and maple syrup.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk just until blended.
- Pour onto hot skillet or griddle and cook 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes or until done.