If you have read my site for long than you know I love quick and easy meals. Meals that can be prepared in thirty minutes or less are a must most nights in my house.
Pasta is one of our favorite quick and easy meals.
The other thing that you might know if you have read my site for long is that we love bacon. Bacon is the perfect addition to many recipes because it adds so much flavor.
This Creamy Tomato and Bacon Pasta contains not only bacon, but also cream cheese. The cream cheese gives the perfect amount of creaminess that goes so well with the smokiness of the bacon.
And the best thing about this meal is that it can be prepared in thirty minutes or less.
- ½ lb bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, cut into pieces and at room temperature
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet cook bacon pieces until crisp and browned. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off all but a few tablespoons of the grease from the pan.
- Add onion to the pan and cook until tender. This will take about 5 minutes. Add more bacon grease back to the pan if needed.
- Once the onion is tender add tomatoes. Stir well and add bacon pieces back to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 10 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- After the sauce has cooked 10 minutes, stir in the cream cheese. Stir until cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Serve the sauce over the cooked pasta and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 899mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from Paula Deen