Crock Pot White Chili with Sausage is a simple meal that everyone will love.
My family loves chili and we eat it often. I like to change it up sometimes by making white chili. For years I have used chicken in my white chili, but a few months ago I tried it using ground sausage instead and we loved it.
The ground sausage gave it a lot of flavor and was a nice change from the normal white chili. If you are looking to change up your basic white chili, give sausage a try!
I have made this quite a few times over the last few months. Whenever I make it I just use whatever light colored beans I have. Sometimes I use navy and northern beans and sometimes I use part pinto beans. As long as you have 3-4 cans of beans total you will be fine.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground sausage- I use ground breakfast sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3- 15 ounce cans northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1- 15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2- 4 ounce cans green chilies
- In a pan cook sausage and onion until sausage is brown and onion is tender.
- Place meat mixture and remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.
If you are gluten free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1266mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 15gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.