Pumpkin muffins can be even better with these easy to make Double Chocolate Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins.
I hope that you are not tired of muffin recipes. I almost didn’t share this recipe because I have posted several muffin recipes lately. I have also shared quite a few pumpkin recipes, but this muffin recipe was too good not to share. And sharing a pumpkin muffin in March is just not the same. I wanted to get it in while it was still pumpkin season.
So today I am sharing one of my new favorite muffin recipes. I hope you don’t mind.
These muffins are another muffin recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod. Every quick bread of theirs that I have adapted to gluten free muffin has turned out delicious. If you are not gluten free be sure to give their quick bread recipes a try. I think you will love them.
I did this because the texture was just better in a muffin form. There is something about gluten free that makes quick bread more challenging. Yes, they work, but they are hard to get just right. Muffins make it much easier to get just the right texture.
For this recipe I used my favorite gluten free flours and no xanthan gum. You could try a blend, but because blends have xathan gum in them, it won’t turn out the same.
Now for the recipe. Don’t those muffins look good!
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup dutch processed baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin pan or line with muffin liners. Makes about 15 muffins.
- In a bowl whisk together white rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, cocoa, pumpkin pie spice if using, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g