Today in my main section I am sharing an easy chocolate glazed doughnut, so I wanted to be sure to share the gluten free version here in my allergy section.
Really, there is not a lot of difference between the regular version and the gluten free version, except you use a gluten free cake mix. I used a King Arthur gluten free cake mix and it works great. You cannot tell these are gluten free. Other gluten free cake mixes may work, but King Arthur is the only one I have used.
I will say these are not healthy. They are a treat in our house. But when I am craving a doughnut, these satisfy my craving. I am not a huge doughnut eater, but they are something that once in awhile I really do miss and crave.
Recipes like this make gluten free doughnuts easy and delicious to make at home.
Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts
makes about 18 doughnuts
For the doughnuts:
- 1 gluten free chocolate cake mix ( I used King Arthur)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
For the glaze:
- 1 cup gluten free semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine gluten free cake mix, eggs, butter, and milk. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spread into greased doughnut pans.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup and cook until melted. I cook 30 seconds, stir, cook 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until smooth and melted. Stir in water to thin it out a little.
- Dip cooled doughnuts in glaze. The glaze will harden slightly as it sits.
Doughnut recipe adapted from Duncan Hines.