Did you know that today is Pi-Day. Yes, it is 3.14 day. Also known as 3-14 or March 14th. Last year I shared several of my favorite pies for Pi-Day, which are all still favorites. Today I wanted to be sure to share a new pie recipe for pie day.
I thought I would share a quick and easy coconut pie recipe that I have been making for years. Now, really this pie is perfect for any day, but if you have a math lover in your family or want to make a fun treat for your kids today, this is perfect.
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 8 ounce of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 graham cracker crusts
- In a bowl whisk the milk, extract, and pudding for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for about 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Stir in pudding and mix well.
- Fold in coconut and whipped topping.
- Spread into crusts. Sprinkle with more coconut if desired.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from Taste Of Home