Migas are a quick and easy meal perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Migas go together in no time and use basic ingredients.
I have been making different versions of migas for years. They all use the same basic ingredients of eggs, some form of tomatoes, cheese, and either corn tortillas or tortilla chips. All ingredients I almost always have on hand.
Migas are also great because they are a 30 minutes or less meal. They are really more like a 15 minutes or less meal. My family loves to eat them as a breakfast for dinner. When I serve them that way I like to make a large batch so that we have plenty of leftovers to reheat for breakfast the next day.
I keep these pretty simple and don’t use too many peppers in them, but if you like spicy food just add a little more.
This recipe also makes a lot. It uses 12 eggs. When I make a full recipe I use a big electric skillet when cooking it. If I make a smaller batch I use a non-stick or cast iron pan on the stove.
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed and finely diced
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil + 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- In a bowl whisk together egg and 1/4 cup water.
- Heat oil in a skillet or pan.
- Add jalapeno pepper, green pepper, and onion to pan. Cook until tender and slightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in egg mixture.
- Stir gently folding in ingredients while cooking the eggs.
- When eggs are cooked stir in cheese and crushed chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 395mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g