Egg Roll In a Bowl with Noodles is a delicious quick and easy dinner!
It is no secret that I love quick and easy meals. I would say about ninety percent of the time that is what I make. It is probably what you make most of the time as well.
Egg roll in a bowl with noodles is not the most creative name, but I could not think of anything better. It is basically my egg roll in a bowl recipe with noodles added, so egg roll in a bowl with noodles seemed like the best name for it.
Asian type food is one of my daughter’s favorite dinners. She loves it when I tell her that it is on the menu plan for the week.
My egg roll in bowl is one of our favorite Asian type recipes. We love it and so do many of my readers. It is on the menu plan often.
Adding noodles to the original recipe was my way to change it up and make it stretch to feed a few more. It also gives us plenty of leftovers for lunches.
I use rice noodles for this because we love them for Asian type food. It also makes it an easy gluten free dinner. I think you could use other kinds of thin noodles pasta though for it.
If you need a quick and easy dinner give egg in a bowl with noodles a try! I think it will become new favorite!
- 1 pound shredded cabbage or 1 pound bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce- use gluten free soy sauce for gluten free version
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 8 ounces rice noodles, cooked according to package directions
- sriracha sauce, optional for serving
- In a bowl combine sugar, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar and set aside.
- In a large pan or wok cook pork until browned and done. Remove from pan and drain off any fat. Set meat aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and add cabbage. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or just until cabbage starts to get tender. You don’t want to over cook the cabbage, you want it slightly tender, but still slightly crisp.
- Add sauce and ginger. Stir a few times and add meat back to pan. Stir meat in to cabbage mixture.
- Stir in cooked rice noodles.
- Stir a to combine well and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
To make this gluten free be sure to use gluten free soy sauce and gluten free rice noodles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g