I had planned on posting something else tomorrow, but decided I had to post this. We had it tonight for dessert and it was so good. I mean really, really good and even better, it was so easy. My whole family loved this.
I will warn you this is not healthy at all, but you don’t need to eat much of it. It ends up being pretty rich and filling. A small glass or cup is more than enough.
I got the basic idea from Mark Bittman. He is becoming one of my favorite cookbook author’s and I am working on some posts about why I like his recipes. Most of his recipes are simple and healthy. This one is simple, but not so healthy. I did change it a little by adding more liquid and using chocolate chips, because that is what I had, instead of dark chocolate.
- 6 ounces of chocolate chips ( you can use high quality dark choc. like he suggest, it would be even better)
- 1/2 cup of 1/2 and 1/2 ( or use 1/4 cup cream and 1/4 cup milk )
- 3 cups of ice
- Melt chocolate in 1/2 and 1/2. Be sure not to boil. You can do it in the microwave, but you have to watch it closely if you do it that way. And stir every 30 seconds or so.
- Once melted place in blender with ice.
- Blend until desired consistency. Mine had some very small ice chunks in it. We liked it like that. It was not smooth like a milkshake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 5gSugar: 49gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.