I love cookies. I love to bake them and I love to eat them. Before going gluten free cookies were my favorite thing to bake. I made them often and gave them away to friends or sent them to work with my husband. And I loved to experiment with new recipes and flavors.
As I have become more familiar with the various gluten free flours though and what works and what doesn’t, my love of cookie making is coming back, and I am so glad because I have missed cookies.
This gluten free Chocolate Cranberry Cookie that I am sharing today is adapted from a recipe that I made many times over the years. I decided to give it a try gluten free and I was so happy that it turned out on the first try.
These were so good and everyone in my family enjoyed them. In fact my gluten eating husband ate four of them when he got home from work the other day and he kept saying these are so good.
I love it when I can make a gluten free recipe taste as good as the real thing. And when a gluten eating person can’t tell the different.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (read labels to be sure they are gluten free)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (read labels to be sure they are gluten free)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- In a bowl cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the rice flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt, and gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chips and dried cranberries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for about 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.