Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are a moist and delicious gluten free muffin! These are so good that no one will know they are gluten free!
It has been a couple of weeks since I did a recipe for my series where I convert recipes to gluten free. I shared a picture of these muffins on Instagram and Facebook and quite a few readers wanted the recipe, so I knew I needed to get it posted for you.
I made these muffins after our neighbor gave us a some zucchini from his garden. Instead of making something healthy, I instantly knew I wanted to make muffins with it.
I remembered seeing a recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread on Two Peas and Their Pod and decided to give a gluten free version a try. Their chocolate banana bread recipe converted so well to gluten free chocolate banana muffins I knew the zucchini bread would also work well.
I am so glad that I gave these a try. These muffins are a new favorite at our house. They are so good!
These muffins were actually fairly easy to adapt to gluten free because the recipe was so similar to the banana bread recipe that I already converted.
I used the same basic flours that I use in many of my muffins and desserts. Just like in the banana recipe, I used all oil instead of part oil and part butter. I think using all oil helps keeps them from drying out. Gluten free baked goods often tend to be dry and oil seems to help that in many recipes.
If you have lots of zucchini this is a great recipe to double and freeze for back to school breakfast, lunches, and snacks.
- 1/4 + 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup gluten free semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or grease well. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl stir together eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir just until combined.
- Stir in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g