I have been making pudding cakes for years. I love them. They are the perfect combination of cake and pudding.
Last year I adapted my chocolate pudding cake to be gluten free and it has become a family favorite.
When my friend Toni sent me some of her lemons, I knew that it would be a perfect time to adapt my lemon pudding cake to be gluten free.
This lemon pudding cake was so easy to adapt. It only contained a few tablespoons of flour, so it was easy to adapt by using rice flour and cornstarch. It turned out perfectly and my whole family enjoyed it.
- 2 large eggs, separated, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2-quart baking dish.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Add the rice flour, cornstarch, and salt and beat until combined.
- Add the lemon juice and milk and beat until incorporated. Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish. Place the dish in a larger baking pan and add enough boiling water to the outer pan so that it reaches halfway up the sides of the inner dish. You are creating a water bath.
- Bake until the top is golden and the center springs back when gently pressed, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the dish to a rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.