Gluten free molasses ginger cookies are a fun and classic holiday cookie. They are also a nice change from all the chocolate and sugar cookies that are everywhere this time of year.
Don’t get me wrong I love chocolate and I love sugar cookies, but sometimes it is nice to change things up a little with something different.
These are one of my husband’s favorite gluten free cookie that I make. He loves them, so I knew I needed to share them for my 30 Days of Gluten Free Cookies.
These cookies remind me of gingerbread because the flavors are very similar to what gingerbread tastes like. I made a batch of these a few weeks ago and they were gone in no time. My whole family loved them.
Gluten Free Molasses Ginger Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine oil, sugar, and molasses. Mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- In a bowl combine rice flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Scoop by the spoonful onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake fro 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.