Onion soup mix can be gluten-free with this easy to make homemade gluten-free onion soup mix.
Onion soup mix is one of those things that is so easy to make at home. It is also much better because you can control what goes into it. When you make it you know all the ingredients that it contains.
This is also one of those things that often contain gluten. The last time I checked the famous name brand contained it, so making it at home is perfect for the gluten-free kitchen.
I love to keep this soup mix on hand for things like oven-roasted potatoes or adding flavor to simple things like burgers and meatloaf.
This mix does contain beef bouillon. Beef bouillon is one of those things that often contain gluten too, but I put a link in the recipe to my favorite gluten-free bouillon.
If you miss onion soup mix since you went gluten-free, making it at home is a must-try.
- gluten free beef bouillon powder/granules
- dried minced onions
- onion powder
- celery salt
Recipes To Use It In
- 3 1/2 tablespoons gluten free beef bouillon powder/granules
- 1 cup dried minced onions
- 4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all together and store in an airtight container or use as directed in recipes. I like to double or triple this to make a large batch.
- 1/4 cup equals 1 package.
This is my favorite gluten free bouillon.