One of my favorite ways to serve fresh berries in the summer is over pound cake.
The last few years I have tried several different plain gluten free pound cakes and I have not been thrilled with the results.
This year though I was determined to come up with a gluten free pound cake because I have missed fresh berries over pound cake. And I love making trifles during the summer and pound cake is perfect for trifles.
I turned to a tried and true sour cream pound cake that I have been making for years. I adjusted and tweaked and finally came up with a version of a gluten free pound cake that we love.
This pound cake has a bit of a crispy crust, which is a little different than the regular version that I used to make, but we actually really enjoyed the little bit of a crispy crust that it had. Overall this is really good and will now be my go to gluten free pound cake.
How do you enjoy pound cake? Do you eat it plain, with fruit, in a trifle, or some other ways?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a small bowl mix together the baking soda, sour cream, and vanilla.
- In another bowl mix rice flour, cornstarch, sweet rice flour, and xanthan gum.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternating with sour cream mixture.
- Mix just until combined.
- Grease a bundt pan and pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until caked tests done. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes and then remove from pan to cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.