Greek Pasta Salad is a quick and easy lunch or dinner perfect for spring and summer.
Pasta salads make great summertime dinners. They are easy side dishes, but when you add meat they can also be a simple main dish lunch or dinner.
I have tried a lot of them and have not been very impressed. My husband is not a fan of mayonnaise. So that rules out a good portion of pasta salads. This salad works great because it is not mayonnaise based.
The feta cheese, pepperoni, and olives also give it great flavor and texture.
Meals like this are perfect in the summer because you can make them ahead of time and you do not have to use the oven.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni (Fusilli or Penne pasta works too)
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole black olives
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, basil, oregano, black pepper, and sugar.
- Add cooked pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, red peppers, feta cheese, green onions, olives, and pepperoni.
- Toss until evenly coated. Cover, and chill 2 hours or overnight.
Note: I microwaved my pepperoni to remove some of the grease. I posted about it recently.