So, when I saw a recipe in Martha Stewart’s Dinner at Home (which is a great cookbook) for lemon mousse, I knew that I had to try it.
I marked this recipe months ago, but just recently took the time to make it. This was so good and I will admit that I ate way too much of it. It is a perfect summer dessert.
If you love lemon like I do, you should give this one a try.
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- 1 cup heavy cream, well chilled
- Mix together eggs, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium-low, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Turn up heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. This will take about five minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve..
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it onto the surface of the mixture ( this will prevent a film/skin from forming) refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the cream into lemon mixture.
- Cover tightly with a plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before spooning into dessert cups.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.