I love anything lemon, from lemon bars and lemon pie to lemon curd, I love them all.
So, when I saw a recipe in Martha Stewart’s Dinner at Home (which is a great cookbook) for lemon mousse, I knew that I had to try it.
I marked this recipe months ago, but just recently took the time to make it. This was so good and I will admit that I ate way too much of it. It is a perfect summer dessert.
If you love lemon like I do, you should give this one a try.
Lemon Mousse is an easy and delicious dessert that uses only four ingredients.
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- 1 cup heavy cream, well chilled
- Mix together eggs, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium-low, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Turn up heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. This will take about five minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve..
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it onto the surface of the mixture ( this will prevent a film/skin from forming) refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the cream into lemon mixture.
- Cover tightly with a plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before spooning into dessert cups.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
I love lemons — this looks like a great treat!
Black Eyed Susans Kitchen
Looks cool, refreshing and delicious, and your pictures are beautiful!
Looks really yummy. I made her Quick Lemon Mousse recipe from Everyday Food recently. It was very good.
Thank you! I’m always looking for lemon recipes. The lemonier, the better. No pucker mouthed here. 🙂
jamie Creative Cupcake Recipes
This looks so good. I just made blueburry muffins to bring to a BBQ brunch. I coincidentally have limes and cream on hand. I think this lemon mouse will go well too.
Thanks for a great recipe.
I love lemon! This sounds really good.
This sounds (and looks) soooooooo good! thanks for posting!
Yum! This looks like the perfect cool summer treat!
I love lemon anything too…this looks great.
I love lemons almost as much as chocolate. This looks delicious.
That sounds WONDERFUL. Yum. Thanks for sharing.
Those bowls are adorable! Where did you get them??
@Elizabeth, Thank you! I love them. I got them on clearance at Macy’s. They were part of Martha Stewart’s summer dishes and I have been eying them for a while but they were too expensive, but I found them marked way down a few weeks ago.
Love lemon mousse. Yours looks wonderful. The consistency is just perfect. What a great summer recipe. This would be so great after a BBQ.