This lemon pound cake is so moist and delicious!
If you love lemons as much as I do this lemon pound cake is a must make. It is so moist and delicious. Not only that it is easy to make.
Today I am sharing two versions of this pound cake. I am sharing a regular version and also how I adapted it to be gluten-free. The gluten-free version is so good that no one will know it is gluten-free.
The Greek yogurt in this is what makes this pound cake so moist and good. It gives it just the right taste and texture.
I drizzled a lemon glaze on top. You could easily leave this off, but the glaze adds a nice extra bit of lemon that is so good!
For the gluten-free version, I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Blend. I am not a huge fan of pre-made gluten-free flour blends, but in this recipe, it works.
Lemon juice is one of my favorite things to use in gluten-free baking because the acid in it really helps the taste and texture. It is also why I think a blend works well in this recipe. This is seriously so good that I don’t think anyone will know it is gluten-free.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour or Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten free blend for gf version
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low fat or fat free plain Greek Yogurt
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar. It will be slightly dry and crumbly.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beating well after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mixture to batter. Mix just until combined.
- Add Greek yogurt and mix just until combined.
- Mix in remaining flour just until combined.
- Spread batter in loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool.
- Once pound cake is cooled whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake.
- Slice and enjoy!
This recipe may work with other gluten free flour blends, but it as only been testing with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.