These gluten free blueberry coffee cake muffins make the perfect breakfast, lunch, or snack!
Blueberries and muffins just go together. They are the perfect combination. Muffins are my favorite way to use blueberries.
You might have realized that my family loves muffins by the amount of muffin recipes that I share here on my site. We love them and make them at least once a week.
These gluten free blueberry coffee cake muffins are a new favorite. We love them.
I adapted these from a recipe that I saw on the Food Network. The original recipe was an Ina Garten recipe and it used regular flour. The recipe sounded so good that I knew I needed to try it gluten free. It took a little work to get the texture just right, but it was worth it.
I love them with a little sugar sprinkled on top before baking, but my kids informed me that they like them without the sugar on top. So if you like the top to be a little crunchy sprinkle some sugar on before baking, but it is not necessary and you can easily leave it off.
Tools I used in this recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 15 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl combine rice flours, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This will take 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mixing well after adding each egg.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup combine milk and sour cream.
- Add sour cream mixture to batter and mix just until combined.
- Add in remaining flour and mix just until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups fill about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g