Martha Stewart’s Parmesan Rice is a delicious four-ingredient side dish. It works great for chicken, beef, pork, fish, and more.
Side dishes are often an afterthought for so many of us. We plan the main dish and vegetables, but all too often the side dish is a last minute throw together dish. Or it is forgotten about altogether.
When I saw this recipe for Martha Stewart’s Parmesan Rice in the March 2007 edition of Everyday Food Magazine, I knew that it would be perfect for my Year of Martha Stewart Cooking Challenge.
It is almost too simple of a recipe to share, but I know that you love easy recipes just as much as I do.
It is also not a pretty side dish. It doesn’t add color to your plate. But it is delicious.
Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe stop you from making it. The fact that this is quick and easy to make using ingredients that you have on hand is what makes it so good.
And it is gluten free! This is a gluten free side dish that everyone can enjoy.
What I Changed
I did change one thing on this recipe for Martha Stewart’s Parmesan Rice. The recipe called for water and some salt. I often cook rice in chicken or beef broth to add more flavor, so I did that with this recipe.
The chicken broth added a little bit of flavor without being too much. Since the broth has salt in it, I left out the salt. It was a simple change that added a lot of flavors. But you can use water and a little salt instead if you prefer.
- long grain white rice ( brown will work if you adjust the liquid and cooking time )
- grated parmesan cheese, the real stuff
- chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can chicken broth ( be sure it is gluten free if you are gluten free )
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, the real stuff not the stuff in the can ( Can use a little more for extra cheesiness )
- In a saucepan bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add rice and stir..
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.