A bowl of Chicken Fajita Soup is a delicious meal to end a fall or winter day. It has all the flavors of fajitas in an easy to make soup. And the leftovers make a great lunch the next day.
I have made several different versions of fajita soup over the years. I even make a slow cooked chicken fajita chili that we love. Last week I changed up a recipe and ended up with a soup my family really enjoyed. We loved it so much that I knew that I had to share it with you.
What I love about this chicken fajita soup recipe is how quick and easy it is to make. It also uses just a few ingredients that I almost always have hand.
Is Fajita Soup Gluten Free
Yes this chicken fajita soup is gluten free as long as you read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten free. Not all fajita seasoning is gluten free, so be sure that you use a gluten free one.
Freezer Friendly Soup
This soup freezes great. Leftovers are delicious the next day for lunch, but they also freeze well. Stocking your freezer with soups like this make cooking on busy fall and winter days east.
- bell peppers
- canned diced tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- chicken broth
- cooked chicken
- fajita seasoning
- cheese, sour cream, chips, etc. for serving
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers ( green, yellow, or red )
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken ( leftover rotisserie chicken works great )
- 1 package fajita seasoning ( make sure it is gluten free for gluten free version )
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and peppers. Cook over medium heat until onions and peppers are tender.
- Add garlic. Cook for 1 -2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, chicken, and fajita seasoning.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, etc.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 1030mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 20g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.