Not Soggy Nachos are a quick and easy lunch or dinner that your family and kids will love!
These Not Soggy Nachos were our lunch on Saturday. They were so easy to make. They only used a few ingredients, all of which I had on hand and they were delicious!
Now for the recipe that I want to share with you today.
This recipe comes from my friend Jessica of Good Cheap Eats. And yes she really is a friend. We have met in person and have talked on the phone about everything from food to homemaking and homeschooling.
Her books and ebooks are full of not only recipes, but tips for menus and menu planning. And many of her recipes are freezer friendly.
What I loved about these nachos is that they were quick and easy to make. They only called for a few ingredients and I had them all on hand. They made for an easy and filling lunch for a busy Saturday of working outside and around the house.
We love nachos so this was a fun version of nachos to try. I guess technically they are not nachos because they are not cooked like regular nachos, but they have all the flavors of nachos. Plus, they are not soggy. That makes them a winning recipe for sure.
The meat filling for these will also freeze great. You could double or triple the recipe and freezer it in zip top bags or freezer containers. Defrost it and add some chips, cheese, and toppings and you have a quick dinner for a busy day.
Not Soggy Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, if gluten free be sure your taco seasoning is gluten free or use homemade taco seasoning
- 2- 15 ounce cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream, salsa, additional toppings if desired
- Brown meat in a large skillet until thoroughly cooked. Drain off any fat.
- Add taco seasoning and pinto beans. Cook over low heat until heated through.
- If mixture is dry add a little water.
- Divide mixture into individual bowls and with toppings and chips.