I saw a recipe like this several years ago in a magazine. I have made it every year since. It is always a big hit. It is so easy and so good.
Who doesn’t like Oreo’s and chocolate? Really, how could it be bad with those ingredients in it!
Over the years I have adapted the recipe to make it more how we like it and to make it even more simple. This recipe only calls for a few ingredients, so it is a great one for kids to help with.
This recipe is also easy to make for a quick homemade food gift.
- 10 oreo cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crumbled finely
- 8 ounces milk chocolate
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- Melt the milk chocolate in a double boiler stirring until smooth.
- Drop in half the broken cookies, and stir gently to coat the cookies well.
- (If you prefer, melt chocolate in your microwave oven, I do) Line a cookie sheet with foil( I use my silpat or silicone mat).
- Drop the chocolate in spoonfuls onto foil or mat. Melt the white chocolate and stir in remaining cookies and drop by spoonfuls next to the chocolate mixture, using it to fill in where there may be a thin spot. It should look like this.
- Then take a knife and spread and swirl the two together like this.
- Let cool & harden, then break into pieces. To cool this quickly, you can put the tray in your refrigerator or freezer for a short time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.