Make ahead breakfast are great for the holidays. You can make them the day before and put them in the oven in the morning for a quick and easy breakfast! This pumpkin french toast casserole is sure to become a family favorite.
Breakfast casseroles are not pretty, but they are one of my favorite make ahead breakfasts. I love how easy they make any breakfast, but I love them even more during the holidays. They help make breakfast quick and easy, but still a fun special treat.
I also love that breakfast casseroles work with gluten free bread. Yes, they do. I like to make two pans. One with gluten free bread and one with regular bread. This way everyone at my house has a delicious breakfast.
And if you don’t like pumpkin be sure to try my Overnight Apple French Toast Casserole. Or make a pan of both so that everyone is happy with breakfast!
Overnight Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups cubed bread ( Gluten free bread works as well)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Carefully stir bread into egg mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Spread mixture into a 9×13 pan or similar casserole type dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over bread mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning remove casserole from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover casserole and bake for 45-50 minutes. (Be careful not to be a very cold dish into a hot oven or the casserole dish might break this is why you let the casserole set out of fridge while the oven heats.)
- Serve and enjoy!