When we did my blog redesign and worked on making the categories more user friendly, I realized my side dish and vegetable categories were very small. I have lots and lots of desserts and main dishes because those are more fun to post on, but we do eat other things. I realized that I need to post more on some of the other things that we eat. So, I am going to try to start posting more vegetable and side dishes.
Any guesses what today’s recipe is? Yes, a side dish!
I have been making this recipe for years. The original one came from Taste of Home, but I have varied it some over the years.
This is an easy side dish that is a little different than your normal potato side dish. What I like about it is that I usually have all these ingredients in my kitchen. There is nothing fancy or odd in this recipe.
These potatoes work well with hamburgers, steak, chicken, and even pork. They go great with just about any type of meat.
- 4 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (this is the stuff in the green can, not the real stuff)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half.
- Cut each half into wedges.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle potatoes with oil; toss to coat.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add to potatoes; toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with any remaining coating.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 415mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.