The classic peanut butter and chocolate flavors are combined in this easy-to-make homemade peanut butter chocolate granola. It is a breakfast treat that your family will love.
Homemade granola is a favorite breakfast at our house. I have been making it for years.
One of our favorite flavor combinations for homemade granola is peanut butter chocolate granola.
I first shared this recipe way back in 2014. Over the years I have changed up the recipe a little bit. I made a big batch last week and decided it was time to share the updated version with you.
For this recipe, I basically took my peanut butter granola recipe and chocolate to it.
Peanut butter and chocolate are a classic combination. It is a perfect for homemade granola.
Because of the peanut butter in this, the granola does not crisp up quite the same as some of my other homemade granola recipes, but it is still delicious.
If you have never made homemade granola I highly recommend trying it. It is so easy to make at home. It is cheaper to make at home. Have you seen the price of store-bought granola recently? It is crazy expensive.
When you make it at home you can also control the ingredients and know what is in them.
My favorite way to eat this is with yogurt. It is so good layered in a bowl with vanilla yogurt. For a higher protein version use greek yogurt.
Yogurt and granola is a delicious breakfast, lunch, or snack!
Kids and adults will love this homemade breakfast!
- coconut oil works great too
- peanut butter, (Soy butter, or Sun Butter works too for a nut-free version)
- brown sugar
- baking cocoa
- oats, for a gluten-free granola use gluten-free oats, old fashioned, quick, or a mix of both. See note below.
- peanuts, optional
- chocolate chips, optional
- 6 tablespoons oil, coconut oil works great, but other oils work too
- 1 cup peanut butter, (Soy butter, or Sun Butter works too for a nut-free version)
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 7 cups oats, for a gluten free granola use gluten free oats, old fashioned, quick, or a mix of both. See note below.
- 1/2 cups peanuts, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Cook oil and peanut butter over low heat until it is melted and smooth.
- Add sugar, stir well and remove from heat.
- Stir in cocoa.
- Add oats and stir well until oats are coated.
- Stir in peanuts
- Spread onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes stirring at least once.
- Add chocolate chips if using.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
For gluten free version be sure to use gluten free oats and read labels on ingredients like chocolate chips to make sure that they are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 7gSugar: 26gProtein: 12g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Originally posted May 2014. Updated April 2023.