This recipe is one of my kid’s favorite. My son loves pizza and he would eat it every night if I would let him. He thinks this recipe is a good substitute for the real thing. I have not made this in awhile, so I need to put it on the meal plan again soon.
I have made this recipe many times. It is really easy to put together. Serve it with a salad or vegetables and you have a great meal. This is a fast and frugal recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (jar or homemade)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion and pepper.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine milk, oil, and eggs.
- Beat one minute on medium speed. Add flour and salt to egg mixture and beat for two minutes or until smooth.
- Spread meat mixture into a 9x13 pan. Top with cheese.
- Carefully pour batter over cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 652mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 26g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.