- 4 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 flat can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg ( I leave this out because my husband does not like nutmeg)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 to 4 cups chopped apples ( I use 4 cups)
- Mix in order given in a large bowl until well combined.
- Pour into two large loaf pans or three medium sized ones.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done. Check at 1 hour.
- Let cool about five minutes in pan and then remove from pan.
- Let cool before slicing. (If you slice when warm it tends to fall apart.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.