I have quite a few chili recipes on my site, but we eat chili often and I like variety. This is a newer version of chili that I came up with and we really enjoyed it.
It is a simple chili recipe, that is quick and easy to put together.
The main difference in this chili is that it uses fajita seasoning instead of your regular chili seasonings and V-8 juice for the liquid.
A few simple changes in ingredients, gave a basic recipe a new twist.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 20 ounces of V-8 juice ( or about that )
- 2 can black beans or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ½ tablespoons fajita seasonings, I use my homemade version
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chili
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese for serving
- Cook onion in oil until tender.
- Add to crock pot with remaining ingredients. ( all but cheese for serving)
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 754mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 11gSugar: 6gProtein: 21g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.